Healthcare Under the Microscope
By Harvest Portfolios Group
The healthcare sector is diverse and has unique investment opportunities that stand to benefit from structurally permanent and non-cyclical macro drivers. The sector and sub-sectors are complex and often misunderstood from an investment perspective. There are many factors impacting each of the sub-sectors in different ways. The evolving landscape coupled with new innovation across the sub-sectors provides opportunities for investors.
Harvest proposes a 45 minute presentation to help advisors understand how to tap into this growth opportunity. We will discuss the structural macro drivers and review current & new innovations in drug and med-tech developments. We will also review the investment characteristics of the sector, discuss misconceptions, associated political implications and then delve deeper into areas of Healthcare that garners most of the media attention. We will share insights into the investment universe and separate the noise from opportunities.
- Why healthcare, now?
- Permanent & non cyclical macro drivers
- Sector investment characteristics & expectations
- Healthcare sub-sectors: what you need to know
- Healthcare outlook
- What innovations are driving growth in med-tech & drug development?
- Drug pricing, politics & navigating the 2020 US elections
- Managing stock specific risks and binary catalysts
- Opportunities for Canadian investors
- Limited opportunities in Canada
- Global company case studies
- Generating active equity income from covered calls - live examples