AIMA Canada Wealth Advisor Summit: Case for alternatives in portfolio construction
By AIMA Canada
Advisors are increasingly turning to alternative investments for diversification, volatility protection and non-correlated returns.
AIMA Canada’s Wealth Advisor Summit is a 4-part virtual series to highlight the case for alternatives given the current market backdrop, dive deep into hedge funds, liquid alts and private credit and discuss key due diligence considerations for alternative products.
Topics to be discussed in this session are:
- Discussion of 60/40 – alts relevant or not?
- Categorization of alts in portfolio construction
- Different approaches to asset allocation
- Where to start or grow your alts journey
- Managing client conversations: FAQ
- Anastasia Amoroso, Managing Director, Chief Investment Strategist, iCapital
- Paul McKenna, Senior Manager, Product Services Group, Scotia Wealth Management
- Myles Zyblock, Chief Investment Strategist, Dynamic Funds
- Julian Klymochko, Founder & CEO, Accelerate Financial Technologies Inc.
- Andrew McCreath, CEO/CIO, Forge First Asset Management
IIROC Cycle 9